Monday, February 19, 2007

No Big News Yet

Some statistics: I've got about 20 applicants' blogs in my Favourites. The most of them is idle for last one or two months. So, admission (and, unfortunately, rejection) does change lifestyles ;)) Alternatively, it's avitaminotic hibernation all around the globe these days.

The update: my interview with alumnus of Columbia went pretty smooth. The gentleman was extremely nice; we talked at length (1 hour 20 minutes, unbelievable). He started by asking me if I can describe my individuality in a few words, and we wandered into philosophical discussion about the nature of emotions and attitudes towards events around us. In the field of Why MBA, Why Columbia he had a number of very specific questions, such as description of my present extracurriculars (he wrote down the link to online forum I participate in) and list of schools I am applying to at the moment. I put myself into embarrassment by calling Wharton and Chicago "top notch schools" which, I was afraid, could touch his nerves like I wasn't considering Columbia as a school among the best. That was sort of spilling the beans :)) but I hope that I definitely made my point that I will definitely attend if I am admitted. Overall, I mentioned from experience of other applicants worldwide that Columbia is very concerned about possible rejections of admission offers. Probably, it is a bad legacy of Early Decision round.

The interview was at February 15 (Thursday), and while there is no feedback from my interviewer yet, I expect to hear from the school in next two weeks. I'll keep you informed, guys :)

Comments:
sounds pretty good,
so I will keep my fingers crossed for you.))
 
i wish you the best. hopefully you will hear from Darden as well very soon.
 
Sounds like the interview went well.

My Columbia interview was 2 hours long, and the interviewer's main concern was that I may end up going to the other schools that I am applying to. I hope to hear back from Columbia this week.

Good luck for both Columbi and Darden!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?