Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Think I'm Done

Tonight is the deadline in Haas (Berkeley) - the last American business school I considered for this year. And my decision is that I am not applying. I also decided to keep HEC and LBS for next year and to finalize my application process for class 2009. So, it is only Columbia and Darden now.

The decision was taken under influence of changes in my work and private life. I am becoming really involved in my job this time, which is really a news compared to routine of previous two or three years. The risks I took when accepted a job offer from a company of different industry and scale (fashion retail start-up vs. multinational consulting giants which populated my CV for last 5 years or so) paid back by means of truly cheerful atmosphere. My new boss is a young lady, the team made a point of calling her "dear chief" or "bossy boss", a lot of fun ;) She suggested me working in pair in her future projects, and I feel like I enjoy the offer, as she is used to work in international assignments and that's exactly the next step I was looking for after MBA.
Just to top, there are some positive changes outside work, too... Life is full of wonders :)

I planned to start the new year in my blog by listing memorable things that happened with me in 2006. My first trip to Asia, New Year's Eve in Mumbai, whole year spent without falling in love (somehow, it reminds me of Bridget Jones), guerilla warfare at work, my first interview for a glossy magazine, finishing my postgraduate, changing the industry, passing GMAT, starting a blog... It turned to be such a challenge, to recall every meaningful event :) And to list promises of 2007 - family reunion, first time in 20 years celebrating New Year together, new love... Girl is enjoying the momentum.

Comments:
wow, that is a long list of accomplishments for just one year. i feel dwarfed.

enjoy the free time you have now, hopefully things will work out for you in C and H. good luck miss!
 
hey - i did look back at my performance for 06, i applied to 3 schools and had to write those crappy introspectional essays, remember? :-))

anyways, how are you spending time these days now that you have no essays to write :))
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?