Saturday, December 16, 2006

One Week Before Vacation

Next Saturday I am leaving for my Christmas vacation that will smoothly turn into winter holidays. No matter what news will arrive from Chicago, it's great I will learn it right before leaving, as I am going to use vacation time to relax and temporarily forget about all kinds of unsettled questions. I will spend Christmas in Paris, and I believe that the city won't let me stay upset, whatever happens :)

Applicants to Stanford and Harvard who has not received interview yet: don't lose hope, leave it for January ;) People keep getting invitations. One important factor to consider: these two schools have R1 decision after R2 application deadline, and it is believed that they use two weeks of intersection to compare batches of R1 and R2. Which definitely means that there will be interview invitations in January, it happened every year before. Come on, why give up, is there anything you can do about it before final deadline? :)

Off topic: a famous Russian business news agency recently published online an article that referred to Financial Times ratings of MBA schools. There were several points in the article that I found very funny: the author said that there are so many applicants, that many top schools, such as Harvard and Wharton (which she spelled in Russian as [varton]), currently admit people only for classes to start in 2009-2010. Obviously, the ground of mistake is that the author was confused by the fact that many schools call their future classes per year of graduation, not matriculation. I sent her a note pointing at this funny error, and you guess what :) Her reply was sort of 'ha-ha, caught ya' - she said that even if 2009-2010 is year of graduation, it means that schools admit for 2008 at earliest. So, she did not even know that duration of MBA classes in USA is two years.
The weird thing is that length of my service in MBA marathon is as short as five months... I knew almost nothing about business schools before I went to take GMAT preparation class this summer. And now it feels like I know the process inside out. We are all MABs now - Masters in Application to Business Schools ;)

Comments:
Nat,
well, I deal with journalists everyday, and sad to say -not all of them know what they write about )) this example just confirms it. )
 
Nat, can you send a link pls to this article- just curious to see it )
 
very funny :-). Best of luck for chicago. and Happy Holidays!
 
Paris n all hunh??? Damn neattt!

Most journos dont know apples from oranges. They keep jumping up at "nothings". I guess this is true across boundaries - they r like that as a race!

And have a blast in Paris! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?