Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Holidays!

I missed an opportunity to wish everybody Merry Christmas, but it's not late to say Happy Holidays! :) Have a good time and make wishes for next year :) For many of us, applicants, this new year will bring great changes - new location, new friends, recruiting rush and so on. Let it be a productive year. And to others, who won't win a place in business schools, I wish that in the new year life will confirm to you that it is great, in school or not :) I wish everybody all the best.

I had rather untraditional Christmas Eve in the Cabaret Lido. Rather puritanical show in my modest Russian opinion :)) Paris is Paris - it takes your anxieties away the very second you step on its streets. I love this city. If not for climate (I suffer from dank European winters), I would love to live here. Probably, it was my wish to settle in a place like Paris that catalyzed my decision to apply for MBA. That's the ways through which life brings us to its new stages.

Comments:
Happy Holydays to you as well!
 
Nat! Funny... I just chanced upon your blog after leaving you a post on BW forums. ok.. So you are Russian.. I am not sure about the Russian competetion..

You could really try Duke R2.. It's a great school... I'm applying there R2.

Anyway, all the best!

sphinxess
 
Hi Sphinxess, thanks for wishes :) Duke is in my list of decent choices, but I think I won't be able to apply in R2, because I am far from home at the moment, and then we've got state holidays in Russia till Jan 10, and I don't have official transcripts of my Master's in English to send to Duke by mail, as the school requires :( That's the reason I eliminated several great schools from my list of choices for R2.
Are you applying to Tuck or Darden?
 
Keep your head up!
 
Nat... You could apply to Ross.. They don't need official transcripts... Just scan and upload! Duke needs it but you can always send it later...
Ross essays quite simple.. Infact guess it would be just a copy-paste for you from your other schools' essays... Check it out...

Tuck/Darden would be R3... So not applying...

Sphinxess
 
Happy Holidays :)
 
Paris is my favorite city as well and I would love to live there for some time. Sorry to hear about Chicago but you still have H and S to hear from to keep the hopes high. Also, as someone mentioned, you could drop in an application to Michigan - I know for a fact that they dont care for official transcripts right now and it is a top notch program.
 
hey - what's up ? no news for quite some time now. saw your name on bweek on a columbia thread, and thought i would check.

hope all's well and happy new year.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?