Friday, November 17, 2006

Touchy-Feely

Guys, if you wanted to say your sorry for me being dinged in Wharton, I hope you saved it for now, because it's the time when I really feel dinged. I had a horrible interview experience tonight. I cried all my way home from the office of Chicago's alumnus (girlish protective reaction).

There is not much of any constructive feedback on interview procedure to report here. The only relevant question popped up tonight was why people like me dare to apply. My resume was reduced into "worked in the middle of nowhere doing things I don't understand", desirable concentration - into "not interested in IB and consulting = wasted her career and my time". No questions about my activities, what matters, how I deal with things and situations. Not a word about finding my candidacy worth a report. And a great fat bonus: "hey, I know your boss, will check with him your CV". Oh, but it's LOVELY, sure thing, go straight ahead!

A bit hysterical at the moment, you see. Frankly, guys, I will live with it, every experience has its value, I only wonder - any advice in my situation? Or I should better forget about Chicago right now?

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Nat,
I think you're overreacting. I mean if you feel bad about the interview and you think that you screwed up since interviewer did not ask you typical MBA-interview questions, then I think you're wrong. It could be just the style of interviwing of this particular guy. Plus, we all know that interview is just another data point, so too early to draw any conclusion.
 
if you are feeling sad, that's ok. if you want to cry a little more - do so. but dont loose hope just yet. as alex said, nterviews are another data point. your app is probably good enough to cover up for all this. and you also dont know what the interviewer filled up in the report he sent - he might have made you cry, but he probably didnt write all bad things about you. so cheer up, enjoy the weekend, and hope for the best.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?