Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

It's been a very calm week in applicants' blogs. It looks like people relax after DWI deadlines in Chicago and Wharton, and, while Stanford and Harvard have started spreading interviews, it looks like it's too early to become anxious about silence from these two schools.

I followed a new tradition founded by some fellow applicants and fell ill. Concentration on health helps to cheat with waiting a bit. Wonderful news came from Chicago. I cannot express how much responsive they turned to be. The Adcom reacted on interview feedback from me and let me understand that my voice was heard and nothing terrible happened.

More news on personal front: I've got a job offer yesterday. If I will get better by weekend, Monday will be my first day in a new office. As I always suspected, application to MBA starts to influence one's life even before an admission decision. After entrusting thoughts about my life and work to paper in my essays and critically reviewing my resume, I started to see rationality and prospects in opportunities that I didn't notice before. I am very glad about the offer I received. If I had to prove the logic of this career move to a business school (and I hope I will have to, if I will have new interview invitations), it would perfectly suit the goals I set in my essays.

I hope everybody had happy Thanksgiving Day, and wish everybody nice weekend :)

Comments:
didnt realise that you had escalated the situation to the chicago adcom. good to know that all's well there.

belated thanksgiving wishes to you too, and get well soon.
 
The Adcom encouraged me to discuss it with them after I submitted a feedback in my application.

Forrest, I still cannot post comments in several blogs - cannot upload the post a comment page. Have to use my own blog to communicate. What is your situation with Chicago?
 
Congrats on job offer )))
 
i interviewed with Chicago a couple of days back. just the standard questions, pretty short interview. 20 mins only. dont know what to take from it. guess only 20th will tell.

what's the problem you face with commenting on blogs ? i might be able to help.
 
Hey Congrats for the new job Nat! How was ur first day?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?