Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cooling experience of scheduling an interview

My high-ranked interviewer got his secretary to call me to arrange a meeting. A secretary. She started with suggesting a time that was out of question for many reasons - not during lunch, but in the middle of office hours, saying that Her Boss is a Very Busy Person. When I asked about evening hours, she recoiled with a cold response about her not finding it convenient to ask her boss about opportunities outside working hours - which showed that, very likely, she has no idea about the background of this meeting. And that the interviewer did not read my letter (or did not pay attention?) We agreed on a compromising time, and now I wonder, should I confirm the meeting in my application or wait till I have any confirmation note from the interviewer himself...

Not to complain, but I did not expect to force my way through an unkindly secretary. Is it a sort of trial of my persuasive/communicative skills? :)

No matter, it will be great to have my first interview!

Comments:
last year when i interviewed with GSB, i talked to the interviewer's secretary as well. i think you did well not to force yourself.

as far as updating the date is concerned, i think you should do it just after the interview, considering that your intervewer is a busy man and he probably might reschedule last minute, even after confirming the time. this process is anyway a formality.

as far as your question from earlier in the day is concerned, my GSB app did go complete. i now await a good looking email ;)
 
Forrest, great news :)
 
hmm, weird experience I have to tell you. really wonder who this alum is, ))
anyhow, good luck with your interview!
I still havent heard from my Chicago interviewer to schedule mine.
 
Alex, it's been 8 days, isn't it, since you've got your invitation? I wonder... probably it's the same person who does not care much about us, applicants :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?