Sunday, November 19, 2006

Come What May :)

I took a small break for two days to drift away a bit. I was not happy with my first (and second, and third ;) reaction to my interview with Chicago, because I didn't expect myself to become so affected and possessed with the idea of admission. I always try to comfort every fellow applicant in difficult situations, saying that admission is just a small bite of a lucky pie, there are so many great experiences ahead, don't worry if your short-term goal = admission gives you pains, because you never know what waits for you round the corner. It's a shame that I took a single failure - bad interview experience with yet unknown outcome - so close to my heart. Weren't there events in my life that were worse? :) I think I was very girlish in my reactions. In fact, that's a real test - will I be capable of dealing with difficulties, especially in communication with other people, as a student of a business school in a foreign country far from my friends and people who care about me? Will I overreact every time when there is somebody who doesn't like me, doesn't care or, perhaps, just plays a "bad policeman"?

I think I will be unfair to my interviewer if I will keep returning to that meeting and guessing what happened and why. He is an experienced person, not a monster after all, and I am what I am - a candidate. Of course he could meet many candidates better than me in some aspects, but I think that my CV is worth it to say that I am definitely not the worst candidate for admission :) My background is in my application, and my goals and concerns are in my essays, and the school has already scanned me through before inviting for an interview. So, let it be a life lesson and a base to prepare for future interviews, if any ;) And who can say now, what will happen with my application to Chicago? :) December, 20th is just a month away.

Comments:
Glad to see you have been able to put it behind you! I am sure would do great with this attitude. Would love to be your classmate at Chicago :) May be he was just stressing you out!
 
hey nat, i really think u r stressing too much over that interview. Remember, intvw is jst another data point. And I am pretty sure u dint do as badly as think u have. It was good that u took that much needed brk. Now look forward to the other apps :)

And hows the columbia app turning out?
 
hey...hang in there...during the chicago reception, we were told that this entire admissions process is a funny game...and things sometimes turn out to be totally unexpected...and so one should not take a DING as a reflection of ones abilities...so hang on!

and btw, lets see how I take my 1st DING ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?