Tuesday, October 10, 2006

AdMission Possible

Guys, it's oh-my-God-I-did-it message :) I hit the button in application to Harvard. The admissions decision will be available on Wednesday, January 17th.
It was my first ever application to a business school. Three more applications will follow soon in next two weeks, but the first time is the first time! Guys, we are a club now :)

I would love to repeat this exciting experience of submitting my story to a school tomorrow, before Wharton's 1 round deadline, but there is some absurdity going on between me and one of my main recommenders. He has actually prepared the letter and everything, and even submitted his recs to two of my schools, including Harvard, but each time I remind him about Wharton, he caresses me with "Don't worry" and "I'm on my way to submit" stuff, but hey, it's one day before the deadline, what's going on? =7

Two of my main recommenders are submitting their opinions in form of letters. I've learnt from them that the schools actually ask for answers on certain questions, and who knows whether a letter, even a really big one, will substitute short, but precise answers? This question tickles my nerves. Let's see! Now, I am leaving to mark January 17th in my planner, hope to see you all soon in the club of successful "submitters" :)

Comments:
Yipppeeeee!!! Congrats and good luck!

BTW, if I were you, I would spk to my recommenders again to tell them to answer each question asked for by the school, instead of a common letter to be sent to each school. if that not the case, ignore this :)

BTW 2, the school's online system wud have a pdf with the reco questions. :)
 
I spoke with a representative of Wharton tonight, she suggested to speak with recommenders about resubmitting the letters, too. The problem is that recommenders are not English-speakers, and preparation of letters took much time and effort. They will hate me if I'll ask to rewrite. I would hate me, if I were them :) And I didn't get the whole idea, if a recommender wants to resubmit after the deadline, does it transfer my application into next round?
 
Typically schools are nice enuf to give upto 2-3 days grace period for the recommenders to submit. Some even send reminders if they havnt submitted it. But incase they've already submitted the reco, I am not sure if they can do a resubmit. Chk out s2s or mail the adcom. You should be able to get more info on it there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?