Monday, September 18, 2006

Challenge? Oh yes, I have one...

Among applicants to business schools, motivation varies no less than age, professional background or nationalities do... Last week (at my birthday, can you believe it), my employer provided me with a new, very unique motivation for my application. I was informed that my department is under cutting down. As a high-paid manager, I am in the top list of people facing discharge - paradoxically, volume of wage fund at the moment is more important than retaining a chance to rehabilitate the deparment in future by keeping its best resources on board.

Quite likely, the whole process will not take less than 1,5-2 months, and who knows what will actually happen. But still, I don't think it's a good idea to describe this challenge in my application essays :) I only agonize over one question: would it be a fraud if I would not say a word about this issue in my application... Any opinions?

Comments:
You shouldn't describe it if you don't want to :) Noone can force you :)
Going to Chicago meeting today?
 
rusgirl Yeap :) I'll be in beige leather jacket, see you there! :)
 
You definitely should NOT mention abt this as you still have your job and its only speculation @ this pt of time. :)
 
one thing to remember: most schools will call the hr department of the employer you listed. if you said that you still work for them, whereas you are already gone, you will most likely be dinged.

so try to get in before you're fired, or be prepared to answer some tough questions during the interviews:)))
 
Yep, the interview thing also matters... At the moment it looks like I have a chance to move into the Big Four (move back, in my case) and get a position that can be called a serious career promotion, so I hope I'll be able to turn the situation to my advantage, but still - I have to amend my essays so that such a sudden change of job looks ok...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?