Thursday, August 31, 2006

Getting transcripts - don't leave it for the last moment

A day ago I spent several hours in my first university (where I completed my undergraduate program three years ago) persuading the faculty to provide me with info requested by business schools. Things I had to get:
- The number of alumni of my class;
- The average and minimum GPA of my class;
- The breaking of all courses between terms, hours per course per term.
All these things are not provided in graduate certificates (the diploma) in Russia and can be obtained only from the faculty. GPAs are also not provided, but there is a list of all courses with final marks in each certificate.

As I said, I spent abot 2 hours in my university running between several departments. People played the famous game of passing the task to someone else :) In my search for a responsible person I made a full circle and finally received all answers in the faculty. "The answers" actually were a pile of copies of my classmates' certificates. So, don't expect your faculty to calculate all those dusty GPAs for you ;)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?